Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Laramie Dean's DRACULA Scares Us (or, Everybody Buy My Play, Part Deux!)

Yesterday was a very special day for me ...






...my Dracula scripts came!  I've been waiting for this moment forever, since I was a little kid writing and illustrating myriad adaptations of Dracula (maybe I'll post some of my earlier efforts).  I wrote my first full length Drac script while on vacation in Yellowstone Park in 8th grade (wonder if I still have it somewhere?), and I actually used some of the imagery (the coffin sliding onstage at the end) in this version.



So here they are, and here are some photos from our production in 2016, courtesy of Elan West-Badminton.


Monroe Ayers as the Sea Captain.



Dracula (Diego Kjelland) attacks Van Helsing (Hunter White).


Dracula (Diego Kjelland).


Dracula (Diego Kjelland) and Lucy (Iris Jandreau).


Dracula (Diego Kjelland) attacks Mina (Emma Swartz).


Jonathan Harker (Nicolas Crepeau) in the Underworld.


Jonathan Harker (Nicolas Crepeau).


Van Helsing (Hunter White) hypnotizes Mina (Emma Swartz).


Vampire Lucy (Iris Jandreau) taunts Mina (Emma Swartz).


Lucy (Iris Jandreau) attempts to seduce Van Helsing (Hunter White).


Lucy (Iris Jandreau).


Mina (Emma Swartz) and Dracula (Diego Kjelland).


Harker (Nicolas Crepeau) and Mina (Emma Swartz).


Mina (Emma Swartz) and Lucy (Iris Jandreau).


Mina (Emma Swartz) and Lucy (Iris Jandreau).


Van Helsing (Hunter White) explains the rules of vampirism to Mina (Emma Swartz) and Harker (Nicolas Crepeau).


Mina (Emma Swartz).


Dracula (Diego Kjelland) biting Lucy (Iris Jandreau).


Harker (Nicolas Crepeau) and Dracula (Diego Kjelland).


Renfield (Stephen Blotzke) enjoys fine dining.


Renfield (Stephen Blotzke) at the window.


Dracula's vampire Brides:  Chloe Kearns, Ayla Baka, and Brighid Leonard.


Renfield (Stephen Blotkze) awaits the arrival of his master while Van Helsing (Hunter White) and Mina (Emma Swartz) look on.

Buy a copy of your very own from Theatrefolk.




No comments:

Post a Comment