Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Episode 12: The Horror that Befell the Gibbons Twins Scares Us!

Twins!  Twins!  My obsession with twins, as I referenced in Episode 11, led me to an obsession with ...


... evil Jeannie ...


... Serena ...


... and Cassandra ...

And oh yeah!  I figured out the name of that twin show sitcom from the 1980s!


Double Trouble, with the Sagal twins, Liz and Jean, who played Kate and Allison, which, after I figured it out, I totally remembered their character names.  And it was only one for a single season, so I'm super impressed that I remembered it at all.

But here's the actual focus of our episode ... June and Jennifer Gibbons, the so-called "Silent Twins."



And the book June wrote, The Pepsi-Cola Addict, that I would love to read ...


... and finally, follow this link to learn about a play, Speechless, which addresses the racism that the Gibbons twin faced in their small village in Wales.

Sad.  And spooky.  And sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment