Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Monsters Scare Us!

In a recent episode (and I can't remember which one exactly; you should just go back and listen to them all!  Again!) but in a recent episode I referenced the Crestwood House monster books; if you were a child of the 70s/80s, you probably remember them:  your library had them, they were orange and black, and they sported a scandalized looking King Kong on their backs.  Like this:


Isn't he a looker?

Anyway, I checked out The Wolfman and Dracula the most frequently (from multiple libraries; at the time, it seemed that every little town in Eastern Montana had 'em); it was The Wolfman that scared me so badly that my parents gave me a silver pen to sleep with to protect me.  I'm going to assume it worked, since I have yet to be attacked by a werewolf.  I guess it only takes on time, though, doesn't it.


The first few pages, starting with Oliver Reed from Curse of the Werewolf ...


And then this description, which terrified me, and recurs whenever I think of the full moon in autumn ...


And the photo that sent me -- ahem -- howling for that silver pen.



And you should follow Kong's advice ...



When I think of Dracula, this is the first thing that comes to mind.  Always.

And finally, a little teaser for the big news that I'll be revealing in a future episode ...


No comments:

Post a Comment